I am a mental health service user. I use my personal experiences when delivering courses to enhance learning. I deliver all the adult and youth MHFA courses (since 2009) I teach the KUF personality disorder, Suicide First Aid & deaf awareness courses. See below for more details. I often train with other colleagues. See The Team page.
- I worked as a Health Trainer, from 2010-2019
- I teach Mental Health Law on the Approved Mental Health Professional course
- I am an Expert by Experience with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- I am an Expert Patient’s Programme tutor
- I teach the Knowledge and Understanding Framework (KUF) for personality disorders
- I deliver adult & youth MHFA (since 2009)
- I teach deaf awareness
- I am a qualified Life Coach
- I am a Dementia Friend’s ambassador with Alzheimer’s Society
- I am an Associate Hospital Manager
- I am a First Aider with St John Ambulance
- I am a Shout Volunteer
- Health and Social Care degree with honours
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
- Certificate in Mental Health Training
- Peer Support Worker qualification
- Deaf and Deaf/Blind awareness
- Level 2 BSL
- Diploma in NLP
Annemarie is a freelance Health and Wellbeing Consultant, Trainer, Coach, Quality Assurance Assessor (for the NCVO -National Council of Voluntary Services and LHWC – London Healthy Workplace Charter), with an academic background in Health Psychology (MSc).
Other roles have included Health and Wellbeing Manager and working in a public health management role focusing on health inequalities, behaviour change, community health and wellbeing. She currently works as an associate trainer for Mental Health First Aid England (MHFA) and for suicide first aid (SFA). As well as working for mental health charities Mind & St John Ambulance.
Jeanann is profoundly deaf in both ears and communicates with speech and lipreading. She has long-standing life experience of deafness from the age of 4 and the use of various communication supports. Having grown up in Ireland and successfully completed a degree in Nutritional Sciences, Jeanann then moved to London for further study and employment in Public Health. She overcame challenging experiences of discrimination at University which was a turning point in her life. Worked in several roles as Nutritionist and wellbeing adviser with vulnerable groups in the areas of mental health and cardiovascular prevention across several Boroughs. In 2017, Jeanann was fitted with a cochlear implant after 24 years of hearing aids which was life-changing for her.
Training and qualifications include Deaf & Deafblind Awareness Training, Level 3 Award in Teaching and Education , Mental Health First Aid, BSc Nutritional Sciences and Human Nutrition, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Person-Centred Counsellors, Level 3 Certificate for Health Trainers, Behaviour Change Techniques, Advanced Motivational Interviewing and Team Leadership Skills.
Bronwyn specialities include Child Safeguarding, Education and Social Inclusion around Dementia, Disability and Carers Work, she also has significant experience of looked after children and those leaving care.
Bronwyn also has a very wide experience and knowledge in Health and Social care management including delivering Suicide Awareness Training , Trauma Recovery, Healing and Relaxation, last year Bronwyn completed her University degree in Health and Social Care gaining her Bsc .